^^The attached sheet is the spreadsheet sent to us by the wedding coordinator at The Ivy Hotel providing the costs of the wedding including room hire, the wedding breakfast, alcohol etc.
Even if your wedding venue does not provide the costs as clearly as this, it is a good idea to draw up a spreadsheet of your own. Doing the spread sheet per guest for things such as the drinks and food will enable you to see exactly how much each of your guests is going to cost you. Guests = expenditure, so you may after looking at the costs per guest decide to limit your number of guests, or not, it depends on what you have chosen as the most important things to you as a couple.
When creating your budget, bear in mind all the things that you will need to/may want to pay for.
- Venue – ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception
- Room to stay in the night of the wedding
- Church/Registra fees
- Wedding Dress, shoes, veil, tiara and other jewellery
- Bridesmaid dress/es, shoes, and other accessories
- Hair and Makeup
- Groom and Groomsmens suits, shoes and accessories
- Flowers – bridal bouquet, BM bouquets, Button Holes for Groom and Groomsmen, corsarges for other women (Mother of the Bride etc)
- DJ/Band and other entertainements
- Invtiations, table place names, table numbers, seating plan, order of service and other stationary
- Food and drink (wedding breakfast, evening buffet, arrival drinks, wine for the tables, toasting drink etc)
- Wedding cake
- Wedding favours and thank you presents for the main people who contributed to the wedding (bride and grooms parents, BMs and groomsmen etc)
- Wedding insurance