So today is Sunday, albeit, Sunday rapidly drawing to a close. On Sunday 8th October 2017 I will have been married for 1 year.
Last time I posted about my anniversary coming up it was when I was in a quandary about what to get the Husband as a first anniversary gift. We decided to get each other paper gifts as per the traditional anniversary gift list.
Sounds pretty easy doesn’t it? And it is easy to find paper anniversary gifts. What is hard is narrowing down the ideas.
Some of the wonderful ideas I had and some that were suggested to me included:
- Having our wedding vows typed up in pretty fonts and colours and framed
- Getting a personalised song written and produced for us and having the lyrics to the song printed off and framed
- Crafting a map of the location where we got married into a rose
- Someone tweeted me with the suggestion of a personalised toilet roll!
- Hand writing a love letter to my husband
All of those ideas are rather awesome, and some of those suggestions are near enough free, while others would cost quite a bit!
We currently are living with my sister as we save very hard to try and buy our own house in 12 months (or a little more) time. For this reason I didn’t really want to get anything that would take up space, nor anything that would cost too much.
What I decided to go with isn’t in the above list of ideas. And although I was very tempted to tell you now what I’ve bought for him, I think I’m going to wait to reveal that until after our anniversary.
What do you think I’ve bought him? I’d love to see your guesses in the comments below. Then if any of you are right I will let you know and try to tag you in my post telling all, after our anniversary.